Why Join the Club?
Club membership will bring you into contact with fellow mountain bike riders whether you’re looking for info on where to ride, grass roots racing, fun social rides, trail building or supporting advocacy for the development of new MTB venues and trails. Other membership benefits include:
- Guided rides organised by the Club. Opportunities to explore new places.
- Club events (XC, Cyclo-Cross and Enduro) with discounted entry for members
- Support for local trail advocacy and trail building to get more riding areas for us. Arch Hill is a great example.
- Cranksistas – women’s only social rides and events
- Newsletter – MTB news in Auckland and around, trail reviews and more
Your membership does not automatically renew so unless you have joined in last couple months your membership has lapsed. Go on support your local club and the sport you love! Even better join the committee and get involved!
Where does your fee go?
Your membership fee goes to support all things mountain biking in the Auckland region. In the last year the club organised or supported:
- You are supporting CyclingNZ/MTBNZ as the advocate for mountain biking at a national level. They in return provide insurance for our events but also take care of national events and much more.
- Regular Saturday Rides and monthly Sunday rides
- Your contribution helps fund the running our club which includes equipment, maintenance, trailer storage, accounting, auditing, bank fees etc.
- The club organized racing events as well as other social rides and events where we run these for as cheap as possible. This means that sometimes we make a loss and sometimes small profit.
- Your membership fee helps fund trail building days as well as the advocacy side. Arch Hill, Kowhai reserve pump track and others would not exist without the club contribution.
- Cranksistas – a female section of the club to encourage more women out on their bikes
Club membership now runs from January 1st to December 31st. The following rates apply:
- Adult $25
- Youth $10
If you have any problems or questions about membership, please email us.