Course: 60 min race time. Laps approx 1.5km long, featuring flat grass, trails, hills and obstacles requiring the rider to quickly dismount and carry the bike while negotiating the obstruction and then remount. No chance of getting lost and an awesome course for spectators.
Locations and dates:
- 13 May – Konini school – Results
- 10 June – Parrs Park – Results
- 08 July – Totara Park – To assist the Club manage its relationship with Konini School and to have the best chance of holding future cyclocross events at the School we have applied to Council to hold race 3 at Totara Park, Manukau. We’ll keep you updated as best we can. Club committee
- 12 August – Henderson Park
Have a Go Free coaching: At Konini events, we will have a professional coach for a free group lesson prior to race start. Be ready at 9am sharp!
“To assist the Club to manage its relationship with Konini School and to have the best chance of holding future cyclocross events at the School we have applied to Council to hold race 3 at Totara Park, Manukau. We’ll keep you updated as best we can. Club committee”
Trail Building Day: 6 May at the Konini School. 10am to 3 pm. We will help the school to improve the existing trails and get it ready for the first event.
Entry: $25 or $15 for AK MTB Club members. $5 Kids (14 and under), Series entry $75 or $45 for AK MTB Club members. Use AKMTB at checkout for club discount.
Spot Prizes From:
Bike requirements: Any bike! Ideally, one that can fit minimum 33mm knobby tyres (cyclocross drop bar bike, mountain bike, gravel bike or ONZO )
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:30 – course set out
- 8:30 – Rego opens
- 9:00 – Have a Go free coaching session – Konini only.
- 9:30 – Kids race
- 10:00 – Race start
- 11:30 – Prize giving.