|Race||Event Date||Entries Close||Venue||Schools Providing Volunteer Marshalls|
|1 XCO||Sunday 7 March 2021||Thursday 4 March||Riverhead Forest (am)||JafaKids|
|1 Relay Champs||Sunday 7 March 2021||Thursday 4 March||Riverhead Forest (pm)||Jafakids|
|2 XCO||Sunday 23 May 2021||Thursday 20 May||Waitawa Regional Park||St Peters, Westlake Boys,|
|3 XCO||Sunday 20 June 2021||Thursday 17 June||Woodhill Bike Park (am)||Auckland Grammar, Orewa,|
|4 XCO||Sunday 8 August 2021||Thursday 5 August||Totara Park||Macleans, St Kents,|
INFORMATION & RACE RULES
$25.00 PER RACE
- Riders will be able to have their name printed on their Race Plate If they register before 20 February 2021.
- Riders are encouraged to race within their age group. However, It Is permitted to ride ONE age group higher by changing the year of birth accordingly at on-line registration. Riders will not be able to change age groups after Race 1.
- Entries to be completed by ALL riders as individuals on https://www.enternowonline.com
- Entries will close at midnight on the Thursday before each race. No entries will be taken after this close.
- Entries are confirmed only once payment has been made (an invoice is issued when entering)
- Photocopy these rules plus the course maps and hand out to competitors.
- Entry Fee is $25.00 each per race. (See separate information on the Relay Champs).
- Entry information, RAMs documents, course information (with hazards identified), and waiver forms will be available on the Auckland Mountain Bike Club website https://aucklandmtb.co.nz/schools/ and also on the ASMB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/aucklandschoolsmountainbiking/.
- Under 13 (male and female)
- Under 14 (male and female)
- Under 15 (male and female)
- Under 16 (male and female)
- Under 17 (male and female)
- Under 20 (male and female
Note: the measure date is the age of the rider as at 31 December 2021. If for example a rider is 16 years old on 31 December 2021, then they are an U17 rider
XCO RACES – INDIVIDUALS
The overall individual champion from each age group will be the competitor with the most points from best THREE out of FOUR races (normally 4 out of 5).
XC RACES TEAMS
- Best Male Secondary School
- Best Female Secondary School
- Best Co-Ed Secondary School and
- Best Intermediate School
Riders can compete as individuals and as part of a team.
The best four results from each school, from any age group, from EACH of the Series races, will be tallied to produce the top Male, Female, Co-Ed and Intermediate School teams.
N.B. For rider’s points to be eligible they must have competed in at least TWO races.
GUEST RIDERS (from outside the Auckland region):
Riders from outside of Auckland can compete in the Series but get no points for their result. They can be on the podium if finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd but the next Auckland rider will be given the points and every rider after the points for one place higher.
The top three Auckland School riders in each race will be announced but there will be no separate podium ceremony.
Any rider taking a place on the podium must not wear clothing showing a logo or brand marking other than Mons Royale or their School Cycle uniform. This is to respect our clothing sponsor for 2021.
The race will follow a multi-lap format with each lap taking approximately 20 minutes to complete for the average rider. The same course will be used by all competitors and so is designed to cater for beginners through to experienced riders. Senior competitors will complete a greater number of laps than the Intermediates. The course will be marked for practice from 12pm, the Saturday before each race.
This will be based on times to give most riders a reasonable chance of finishing the race
- No riders will be able to start a new lap after a fixed time has elapsed
- Under 13s, Under 14s, and Under 15s will not be able to start their second lap if their first lap has taken more than 45 minutes.
- Under 16s and Under 17s no new laps after 70 minutes from the start.
- Under 20s no new laps after 90 minutes from the start.
- No riders will be able to start a lap after 11.45am [approx.] (to ensure all finish by 12.30 – 12.45)
TWO separate races will be run to deal with the large number of riders expected.
The first race would be U13, U14, and U15 riders, Start at approximately 9.30am.
Race 2 will include all U16, U17 and U20 riders, start at approximately 10.30am.
Check the Auckland Schools Mountain Biking Facebook page for details.
ALL EVENTS WILL BE SIGN POSTED – look for the ‘MTB’ signs.
|Registration/Bike Checks:||8:00am – 9:00am|
|Race Briefing:||9:15am For all racers|
|Race Start:||9.30 am (Race 1); 10.30am (Race 2)|
|Prize giving:||12:30pm (approx.)|
|Spot Prizes:||after prizegiving|
NOTE times will be earlier for the day that also has the XCR Champs (Relay). For example, Race 1 might start at 8.30am.
Food and drink will be available for purchase at the event.
The event is run under Cycling New Zealand Schools Rules and the MTBNZ Protective Equipment Guidelines.
Please see our Policy document available on the Auckland Mountain Bike Website using the following link: https://aucklandmtb.co.nz/
Please take note of the following:
- We advise all competitors to have their bikes thoroughly checked by an expert prior to the event (visit your local bike store).
- Bikes must be in good working order with functional front and rear brakes.
- A NZ Standards approved hard shell helmet must be worn (competitors will not be permitted to ride with helmets that are deemed to be unsafe).
- While not compulsory, gloves and eye protection are strongly recommended.
- The organisers also recommend that each competitor carry at least 500mls of water. There will be a designated feedzone for competitors who wish to be fed during the race.
- Please, no dogs or smoking at the events.
NOTE – there is a generic RAMs document for Mountain Biking (for the year – covers all races), and there will be a course/venue specific RAM document for EACH race. Signing the waiver signifies you have read, and understood these documents, and the risks involved.
Riders must sign a waiver for EACH race to signify they have read the course notes detailing hazards for that particular race. There Is NO NEED to hand in the waiver at the race
This event recognises the Fair Play Charter. Competitors must not use offensive or abusive language, act in any anti-sporting manner, be disrespectful to the officials, or ignore race regulations. Race regulations include, among others, no short cutting of the course and no deliberate obstructing a faster rider from overtaking.
Sportsmanship is important at any level of Mountain biking. We highly encourage you to watch out for your fellow riders, whether they be your team mates or not. Remember if someone yells ‘rider on your right’ please allow them to pass at the next possible spot that you deem is safe for yourself, and the fellow rider to pass. Do not deliberately hold up a rider who wants to pass.
- Each school represented must have at least 1 adult on site during the event.
- Wearing school colours is compulsory. If the School does not have a mountain bike uniform then PE shirt will suffice.
ABANDONMENT OF EVENT (pulling out of the race)
Please tell your students that if for some reason they cannot finish the event they must tell a race Official.
- Interim results will be announced on the day.
- Official results will be posted to Auckland Schools Mountain Biking Facebook page.
- Please note these are provisional and any queries are to be made by the Team Manager only directly to the Event Manager.
- Any Protests are to be submitted to the Race Manager.
- Event First aid will be provided at each race by a qualified medic.
- There will be an aid base station at the venue if you require assistance when not racing.
- In an Emergency call 111
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel one or more of the events in the case of adverse weather conditions.
- Any contingency plans will be announced via Facebook.
- Please note that any decisions with respect to refunds will be at the Committeee’s discretion.