Happy new year everyone! We hope you all had a great Christmas break and are pumped and ready for some more exciting mountain biking adventures in 2013. It’s time to renew your annual club memberships. Here are some of the benefits and things we are planning this year…Hosting the XC Nationals at Hunua in February
- Hosting the XC Nationals at Hunua in February
- Regular Saturday, Sunday and Away Rides – organised by one of our guides, it’s a great chance to get out and explore, meet new people and ride new trails
- Single Speed Sundays – too much fun to miss!
- Auckland MTB XC and Challenge Race Series
- Cranksistas – Get into biking with some of our friendly, female dirt divas – suitable for all levels
- Get involved with trail building in the Auckland region; and
- as always your membership will get you discounts to Totalsport, n-duro and club races and other bike related stuff from our sponsors.
This year the membership process is via the Bike NZ website and you will have a few more options (listed below). The good news is that the prices haven’t changed – it’s still a bargain and the more you get involved, the more benefit you get!
How to Enter
- Go to the Bike NZ website – http://www.bikenz.org.nz/join
- Enter your name, email and DOB and password (you will get a BikeNZ login as well)
- Select Ride Option + Free Bike (or see other options in table below).
- Click Join a Club and select: – Type: Mountain bike – Region: Auckland – Club: Auckland MTB Club
- Enter your phone and address details and make payment.
Prices and Membership Options
|Auckland MTB Club Fee||+ Bike NZ Options*||What’s included|
|Senior $40Junior $20 (Under 17 yr)Family $60
(Min. 1 adult and 1 child)
|Ride Trail – $15||As above, plus:
|RideTrail + Ride Club -$40||As above, plus:
|Race Senior – $85||As above, plus:
*The BikeNZ prices shown are discounted for Auckland MTB club members. For more details on the BikeNZ membership, check out their website.
Please note we are still getting the family and junior options set up on the BikeNZ site. These will be available soon.
Why has the membership entry process changed?
Auckland MTB Club is affiliated with Bike NZ. Bike NZ is a national umbrella organisation that supports biking across multiple disciplines through strategic planning, advocacy, coaching and bike development programs. As a volunteer organisation, we have limited resources so are always looking for ways to save on administration costs and focus on the important stuff like planning social rides, events and trail building for you to enjoy. Bike NZ provides us support through insurance and a membership database system.
Any other questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Auckland MTB Club Committee