So, Round two is just a few days away and we have a pre-ride open from 2pm on Saturday. For directions, check out at the following link, click ‘directions’ and put in your start point:
The race village and start are at the bottom of the hill whereas most of the course is on the top and over the over side of the hill. The start lap includes a climb up the road to allow the field to spread out prior to entering the forest. There are further sections of road climb through the course offering additional passing opportunities and loads of sweet singletrack.
– All classes follow the same route on all full laps
– The start line for all classes is along road from event village
– First 5-10mins of 1st lap is a climb up to the finish line area. This climb counts as part of 1st lap & is not used in subsequent laps
– Feed zone & technical zone are about 2mins on from the finish line area. It is a 15-20min walk to the feed & technical zone from the event village so support personnel need to allow time to get there
– Gates open 8.30, Registration 9-10.30 am, Race briefing 10.45, Race start 11am.
– We’re not going to get Rec riders off at 10.30 so arrive and register as the times above.
Spectator & Supporter Info
– The start line for all classes is north of the event village along the road you came in on.
– The finish line area is in the forest about 15mins walk from the event village.
– Follow the “spectator” signs south from the start area away from the road you came in on. Follow the signs through three further intersections, up the hill to the finish line area.
– Space is tight in this area so please follow the marshals’ instructions
– The feed zone & technical zone are further 5mins along the course on the same road the competitors climb on their first lap. Follow the course signage to reach this point.
There is a bit more info on the attached PDF but we may tweak the lap numbers on the day. Check out the info board before you sign in.
We’re short a few of our regular helpers this race and will need help on rego and race timing in particular and maybe some course marshalls. If you are happy to help out, please let us know when you arrive.
Thanks and see you Sunday
Enter online until midnight Friday 20th November here