The club continues to advocate for more trails in the greater Auckland are, working with DOC and Auckland Council to open up new areas and develop existing ones further.
- Auckland MTB club were closely involved in bringing these trails to fruition, from providing submissions, and assisting with the design.
- Recently opened, the park will provide an environment for riders of all abilities to test their skills.
- Working alongside the Friends of Totara Park on extending the network
- Continuing efforts with the Council.
See attached flyer for details:
Outputs from the Regional Parks Management Plan 2010:
Council are keen to expand and enhance recreational cycling and mountain biking opportunities in the Auckland Region.
- New skills area and children’s track
- Develop a mountain bike wash down area
- Upgrade the Challenge Track
- Upgrade the Experts Downhill Track
- Upgrade the Farm Track
- Re-route the river track
- Develop and enhance mountain biking opportunities
Other regional parks, scheduled for new trail development
- Aitu Creek: stunning park
- - Working alongside the Friends of Totara Park on extending the network
- CMS, exciting opportunity to work with Doc on options within the Auckland and Waikato regions, real opportunities in the Corromandel