Go straight to the ride schedule below.
For our fortnightly Sunday rides we’ve put together a list of our favourite Auckland venues, drawing on the collective local knowledge of the club, trying to offer a bit of something for everyone, and hopefully letting you ride somewhere new and maybe a bit different!
If you’re keen to venture further afield than Woodhill but aren’t keen on getting lost exploring by yourself at Riverhead or Hunua, then these will be the rides for you. The venues are all local, ideally less than an hour’s drive from Auckland CBD.
These rides are meant to be fun and informal – they’re social rides, not training rides – so we try to keep the rules to a minimum, however:
- Start time will be 9am so aim to arrive by 8:45am so you don’t get left behind!
- Ride time will be two to three hours, depending on group size, group fitness, hangovers etc.
- We aim to ride whatever the weather, so if it’s raining bring a jacket.
- If we do have to cancel, for whatever reason, notice will be posted on here and/or Facebook by 7am.
- As far as equipment goes, helmets are mandatory. Bring a puncture repair kit or spare inner tube and make sure your bike is well serviced and up to the job.
- Pay attention to the track grade. These give an idea of the minimum skill level required to enjoy the ride safely.
- Non-members are always welcome on our rides. If you enjoy them and keep coming back then expect someone from the committee to start politely asking you to join up.
Any questions, please email email@example.com.