Go straight to the ride schedule below.
For our Sunday rides we’ve put together a list of our favourite Auckland venues, drawing on the collective local knowledge of the club, trying to offer a bit of something for everyone, and hopefully letting you ride somewhere new and maybe a bit different!
If you’re keen to venture further afield than Woodhill but aren’t keen on getting lost exploring by yourself at Riverhead or Hunua, then these will be the rides for you. The venues are all local, ideally less than an hour’s drive from Auckland CBD.
These rides are meant to be fun and informal – they’re social rides, not training rides – so we try to keep the rules to a minimum, however:
- Start time will be 9am so aim to arrive by 8:45am so you don’t get left behind!
- Ride time will be two to three hours, depending on group size, group fitness, hangovers etc.
- We aim to ride whatever the weather, so if it’s raining bring a jacket.
- If we do have to cancel, for whatever reason, notice will be posted on here and/or Facebook by 7am.
- As far as equipment goes, helmets are mandatory. Bring a puncture repair kit or spare inner tube and make sure your bike is well serviced and up to the job.
- Pay attention to the track grade. These give an idea of the minimum skill level required to enjoy the ride safely.
- Non-members are always welcome on our rides. If you enjoy them and keep coming back then expect someone from the committee to start politely asking you to join up. :)
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slater Road is a private forest usually used by the club as one of the venues for our race series. Pine forest on undulating terrain, it’s absolutely riddled with primo singletrack. Owner Rob Garden will be setting up a course and showing us round his back yard.
Directions here. Drive out West as if you were heading for Woodhill but keep going, head through Parakai and we’ll meet at the entrance to 45 Slater Rd.
CANCELLED DUE TO TRACK CLOSURES – SORRY!
Described by the Kennett Bros as “a great little ride”, the walkway follows the coast of the Manukau Harbour, starting at Ambury Regional Park, and ending 7km later on a secluded beach with stunning views out to the heads. We’ll stop for a chinwag and some lollies then head back the way we came.
Because the track follows the coastline it’s almost entirely flat, which makes it perfect for younger children (suitable for kids under 12, see our policy on parental supervision), pull-along trailers and less experienced riders. For the more skilled, it’s a pleasant hour or two taking in the sea air and the views. :)
If it’s a nice day we might even take along the BBQ!
Meet at Ambury Regional Park at 8:45am.
22nd September – Slater Road – Ride and Working Bee
Meeting at 8:30am for a ride or 10am for the working bee.
Meet at 45 Slater Road, South Head. Drive out West as if you were heading for Woodhill but keep going, head through Parakai and after a few more KMs Slater Rd is on the left.
Come and explore single track and gravel roads of the Dome Valley near Warkworth. Two to three hours riding somewhere a bit different ending up at Bridge House in Warkworth for a beer and a feed afterwards. Please email email@example.com so we have an idea of numbers.
Ride Leader: Joel Mitchell
Meet at the Kaipara Flats Sports Club at 8:45am for a 9am start